As reported by Android Authority,
This week in Apple news, we saw the release of the first set of over-ear headphones featuring an Apple logo. The $549 Apple AirPods Max look great, but the jury is still out on whether or not they are worth the price.
In other Apple news, we heard about the long-awaited launch of the Apple Fitness Plus, a matte black MacBook, the future of the M1 chipset for Arm-based Macs, and a new show that will land on Apple TV Plus.
See the Apple news roundup below for all the latest.
The top Apple news stories of the past week:
- Apple launches AirPods Max: On Tuesday, Apple launched AirPods Max. Unlike every other set of AirPods released thus far, the Max variants are over-ear headphones that will compete with established products from Sony and Bose. The noise-canceling headphones cost $549 and come in five colorways.
- Apple Fitness Plus finally launching on Monday: Apple announced its new Fitness Plus subscription service in tandem with the new Apple Watches earlier this year. However, Fitness Plus hasn’t yet made its way to the general public. That changes on Monday, December 14. The service costs $9.99-per-month or $79.99 annually. It’s also a part of select Apple One bundles.
- Matte black MacBook could be on the way: According to patents unearthed by Patently Apple, the Cupertino company could have a matte black MacBook in the works. Apple has made black MacBook before, but it’s been a while and that finish wasn’t truly matte.
- Several second-gen M1 chipsets in the works: A report from Bloomberg suggests Apple is working on more than one successor to its just-launched M1 computer processor. production on these could start early next year, and they are expected to drastically outpace the current M1 chip. It might be best to wait on upgrading your MacBook for now.
- Entry-level iPad might land in the Spring: If you want a full-sized iPad but don’t want to spend a ton to get it, we have good news. Rumors suggest Apple could launch an updated ninth-gen 10.5-inch iPad in the Spring of next year. It could sport the A13 chip, which would make it powerful enough for most people.
- Popular book “Dark Matter” likely headed to series: Although originally optioned as a feature film, the famous novel “Dark Matter” is apparently headed to series at Apple TV Plus. The sci-fi book explores how our lives are shaped by the different choices we make.
Thinking about making the switch?
Credit: Dhruv Bhutani / Android Authority
If you are reading this Apple news article on an iOS device and thinking about making the switch to Android, we have multiple articles and guides that can help you with that process. Despite how it might seem, moving from iOS to Android is easier than ever, and many of the services and systems on iOS have similar or even the same counterparts on Android.
The best place to start would be our guide on how to switch from iPhone to Android, which goes over all the basics. We also have more specific guides, such as how to transfer your calendar from iPhone to Android. We also have app guides that will give you the best alternatives to iOS staples, such as our list of best alternatives to FaceTime on Android.
If you’re looking for a great Android device to replace your iPhone, consult our list of the best Android smartphones available now.